Well First off I want to say, welcome to my new blog! I had to create a new blog account on a different website because blog.com was having server issues and couldnt be logged onto. So that no longer exists to me, so i needed another outlet......So here I am! There are several new updates that i have floating around in my tiney brain that i would like to "put on paper". So here we go!
Packing for our new "life" began! All wall hangings are down and boxed, my dining room only consists of the filled boxes and a bare table. I have to say that this is quite "cold" and makes me have a feeling of "bittersweetness!". I have worked hard to make this small house, into a cozy, family place that we LOVE to call home. I am going to be very sad to leave this house. We have had alot happen to us as a family in this house, and its very saddening to leave it. We will no longer be able to enter either house the children were brought home from the hospital in, and that breaks my heart; brings me to tears. It might sound crazy and petty to you all, but we have moved so many times, and left so many things behind, that its hard to do it again, and again, and again. I know its what we chose, but still doesnt make it any easier. We are proud of our choices, we fell, fell hard, got back up and are proud to be who we are now. The price we pay now is small, and rewarding, just hard at times. So our new journey begins in 12 days! We will be on our way to Virginia beach.
I cant wait to decorate our new place! its always so exciting to put all your things into an empty space and make it your home! I love that feeling!
This is a picture of one of the base housing units. This will not be ours, but you get the idea. We are really excited!
Well the kids are doing well! Keni is 12 weeks old, she is almost exactly 3 months old! I just cant believe how fast time goes, and how fast babies grow! I guess I never realized it as much with Slade because I knew he wasn't going to be my last. But in Keni's case, she IS my last, and i know that, and i love the baby stage. I just love how they smell, how they snuggle, and most of all, how they have NO attitude whatsoever. Well who I am I kidding, Ken has had an attitude since day 1. She knows exactly what she wants, and when she wants it. Can't wait until the Teen Years. Ha yah right! But anyways, she is holding her head up really well. She holds it up for minutes at a time while sitting in her Bumbo chair. She hates tummy time with a passion and refuses to do anything but smash her head into the couch, or floor, screaming and pretty much smothering herself. Its quite the sight to see. She is getting so strong in her legs. She stands herself up on our legs for long periods of time, but she just falls to the ground/our legs like a brick trying to float in water when her Turkey legs give out! She hasn't laughed yet, but she has this excited scream and screech. its the cutest thing, and her smiles are just huge, she also smiles with her eyes and its so heartwarming. She knows she is loved and We know she loves us as well! She has outgrown over half of her wardrobe. she is already growing out of 3 month clothes and some 3-6 month clothes! wowza! She is also sleeping in her own crib, she is fully out of the pack and play, and in her own bedroom. she sleeps a full night, and she is getting on a sleep schedule. its very nice, and being able to sleep mostly all night again is awesome.
Slade is doing well. He is getting so creative. He also now sings with songs on the TV and he is building some wonderful characteristics, but also creating some really bad ones. His attitude is really getting bad, but im assuming he's just getting his terrible two's late! Dont get me wrong, he is still a great kid, and we are blessed in that department, but sometimes it just makes ya wonder! Hes an awesome big brother, he cares more about her than i would have ever thought. He is the kindest, warmest spirit. But he knows how to play mommy and daddy very well! Smart kid...LOL.
Brian is getting ready to Check out of his current command. He only has a week left! pretty crazy that 2 years have already passed us by in a blink of an eye! He turns 24 on friday. Old fart .... bahaha. (im already 24, yeah save all your "cradle robbing" jokes). What a great father he is. He's just amazing, and I am so blessed to have him in my life.
As far as I go...Everything is going pretty good. Other than just taking care of the kiddo's and trying to pack up the house, everything is going pretty smooth. I just had my post partum check up, and they are wanting me to get checked out again for "returning" endometriosis. and My thyroid levels are all over the page, she is starting me on meds, and my neck is huge. She says that a goiter is forming and once we move and get a new doctor, i need to get in that office asap. So we shall see. Ive been so exhausted and tired, and really trying to lose weight but its just not working. She said all that has to do with my thyroid affecting me. So hopefully once i get this medication i can start losing weight again.
While we are home in Michigan we are getting Kendal baptized. The date is November 7.. (sunday) at the 9:00 service. The god parents are going to be Amanda & Michael Robertson (same as sladen). We are trying to plan a party for afterwards to see everyone and have everyone meet Keni & make it a special day. When everything is confirmed I will let everyone know. We can't wait to come home. Its such a nice break to just shut our minds off and enjoy the company of all our loved ones. Just a warm feeling.
Leaving DC is kind of bittersweet for me. I really like being able to see all the monuments and everything we get to see here. I really enjoy that. But i dont enjoy this place as a whole. The traffic is aweful, the people are rude, maryland is just a dirty state. We are ready to move on. It's pretty exciting!
Well I think that is all for now. I hope you all enjoyed reading this! xxoo

Base housing has come a very, very long way since the 60s. I was always glad we didn't have to live there. It looks like yours will be a cute place and I know the inside will be, too, as soon as you are unpacked and have time to add your special touches.
ReplyDelete