Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Deeper Meaning of Love

A month ago, if you asked me how I would Feel on this particular day, I would not have known how to answer you. But today I can say that I am becoming more independent as the days go on. More of an authority figure for the up bringing of my children. A shoulder for Sladen to lean on and a Crutch for Kendal to learn how to grow. A lot can happen in a month as we are learning. Our feelings grow, and we ourselves grow. We are understanding the deeper meaning of what deployment is all about, other than missing "our daddy".

My feelings and love grow stronger for Brian by every email he sends me. Every time I hear his voice I get butterflies in my stomach. And every time we skype, i just want to leap through that computer screen.  We have a deeper understanding of one another. A deeper level of pride and commitment for one another. Our words have more meaning than they used to. And we hang on to that last "i love you", until the next time we get the opportunity to hear it. There's no time wasted on arguing because what is the point? Yes we still get frustrated, but it doesnt linger, because there is no point in wasting the small amount of time we do get to talk, on something that doesn't matter anyways. You have to pick and choose wisely on what you say to one another, write, or type for that matter.

We got this link from the ombudsman via the chaplain before brian left. it was for the 40 day Love Dare. As seen on fireproof, the movie. We talked about doing it before he left, it was strongly encouraged. Not to fix a marriage per say, but not to get caught up in the deployment factor and stresses that deployment brings upon us, but to remain connected and bonded on a more intimate level. pick and chose what we say to one another.

At first I thought it was a tad cheesy that He wanted to do this, but he wanted to so I was all for it. Every day I send him the new dare for the day, and we both do it. And in only 8 days of putting in on this love dare, i have seen a tremendous change in our emails. Stronger bonds have formed, and we are understanding the "deeper meaning of love". And i have to say Im excited to see the differences we have made by day 40!

Thats all the time that i have folks. Sis is being very demanding due to this heat. i will write again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment