Friday, March 13, 2015

Its amazing what we are capable of.....

So as of my last post, I told you all that I have been striving for the healthier lifestyle for my family and I. We have been cooking low carb/ carb free, and totally  clean. No processed foods, no added sugars, healthy snacks, things of that sort.

Some things are loved. Some things are "liked" and others are hated (by the other 3, i have LOVED everything i have made/tasted).

I find healthier food to be incredibly flavorful and so much more enjoyable! (but i will get to the food later)

 I do want to start with explaining my exercise regimen.

Running is one of my favorite things to do. I had lost sight of that for a while, but its like riding a bike... i just had to force myself to lace up those shoes.

So each day I run. I run until im tired, or my time is up (work,school,kids home).
When I started this 12 days ago, i started at running in intervals for a mile; but i couldnt even run a solid .3 without stopping and switching to walking..... embarrassing i know, but its fact, the cold hard truth. I slowly climbed up, little by little, and today I ran 1.71 miles (nonstop)! If I can do that, anyone can! It takes determination, and heart..... and I have alot of both of those!

So after my run, I drink my bottle of water, cool down a bit, then I start the other pieces of my daily routine.

My first workout is ALWAYS this.........
At first it was excruciating on my thighs haha. And yes, you feel silly at first, but bring out that confidence. Now its just my warm-up.

Next is SQUATS and I always use this..........
And a CHALLENGE it is!! the first time I did it, I lasted until the first squat hold.... Yesterday and today I did the whole song........ Just pace yourself, but I have already noticed a BIG difference in my lower body, especially my booty ;)

Last is always PLANKS!! (I dont use this video, but this is how I do my planks, and To this song as well)...... I still cant finish the whole song, but soon.



The last couple of days I have added in a few more things. I have been noticing big big changes in my body, but i still have massive love handles so i started this one today.... 





Cooking gis always a passion of mine..... and I love to cook NEW things. But when you are busy, and you have a full time job, kids, busy husband, multiple jobs, multiple kids to take care of all day, whatever your daily is, it is easier to just make simple, but ultimately unhealthy meals. I always used "well my kids wont eat that," "i dont have time to cook like that" or "my cooking isnt processed so its not so bad for us" excuses. Since I started this clean eating and no carb routine it is amazingly easy, and my kids are enjoying what they eat! Of course it is still a learning curve, as everything always is, but i am so happy with the results.

So here are a few photos of meals i have prepared that are very healthy, and tasty but the best part is they are Pretty fast to prepare!! 
couliflower pizza crust

egg whites, sauteed spinach, and fresh fruit

cauiliflower pizza

broc & egg muffins, and ham poached egg & feta muffins

philly suffed green peppers

greek yogurt, raw granola, and a portebella mushroom cooked with an egg inside

fajita veggie steak wrap, red quinua and watermelon


baby kale, spinach, arugala, grilled chicken salad with watermelon

ham/egg cups, cottage  cheese topped with banana peppers

cabbage rolls, and mashed cauliflower 




Thats all for today becausee I need to head out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment