Monday, November 15, 2010

A New Begining

Well Hello Readers!

I havent Blogged in a while, Alot, i mean ALOT, has happened in our lives over the past month! We have moved out of our old house in Maryland, Drove to our new house in Virginia Beach, Unpacked, Vacationed to Michigan for 2.5 weeks, and alot of other hodge podge things happened to the Houts family along the way!

We packed up the little ol' house in maryland, and when I say we... I really mean, ME! It would have been so much easier (lazier, but still easier) To have the movers come in and box it up for me, like i had originally wanted, but alas, hubby got what he wanted so we could make extra money.  One of his reasonings for not wanting the movers to move our stuff is "they will break all the stuff or damage it, it happens all the time!"......Well i can name numerous things that got broken and or damaged while we did it ourselves, but Hey....we made it here with all of our things right?!  Brian also had pinky promised me that I wouldnt have to move a box out of the old house-into the moving truck, or out of the moving truck-into the new house.....but guess what?! I had too. So needless to say, When we move from here... THE NAVY IS MOVING US! Im really not trying to be lazy, with having the movers do it for me, but i have moved us 7 times since the age of 20 and that is alot of times ...5 of which in the past 2 years! Stick a fork in me....Im done! Plus, it feels like I am never going to be done putting this house together! before we left to vacation in Michigan, 2 days after we moved here to great ol' Virginia Beach....i had all the furniture and most of the pictures on the walls and arranged. But when we got into Michigan, brian had 2 more days of work left so when he returned to DC, he brought along a 90 gallon Fish tank from MIchigan, and ever so "Neatly" (hahahaa NOT) placed it in the livingroom, only to leave me getting home from vacation to clean and re-arrange yet again. Not to mention the cable finally got hooked up so Keni and Slades room had to be rearranged as well! OY!! but, I think I FINALLY have everything where it needs to go. Only things left is to Organize 2 closets and decorate OUR bedroom. OOOOO I cant wait!!! Our room is HUGE and Brian is letting me get nice stuff to decorate it with, Oy, Im so excited. Its going to be an "escape" for every ending to every day......... sounds so nice doesnt it?!

We all love our new house! its pretty spacious. It doesnt feel like we are squished in a shoe box like our old place. I really thought i would miss it, cause it was so super cute and cozy.....But I dont! I feel much safer, and much cozier here in Virginia Beach. Base Housing isnt all that bad! We sure didnt draw the short straw when it came to where our house is placed. We got an end house which means less noise from neighbors and more windows! CHA CHING! then we got lucky and a playground is pretty much in our side yard....Double CHA CHING! the only thing that i miss from the old house, is a larger yard! I think our driveway was larger at the old place than our entire yard here at the new house. But its all nicely fenced in and i can see slade from everywhere in the downstairs when he is playing in the yard, so it gives him alot of independance, which he is blossoming with. The houseing has a big track like sidewalk that lines the perimeter of the huge housing complex, so i dont have to drive anywhere to go running....I love that...although i havent ran yet...hmm maybe i should get on that ;)

Being home in Michigan was really nice. Its always nice to see everyone or atleast try to see everyone! We got to enjoy lots of family, cider mills, pumpkin carving, trick or treating, and right before we left we got to enjoy kendal's baptism and her party after! It was a blessing to have so many people join us... it was a JOY!  Only one downer when we went home, was that I had a horrible infection in my body that put me at the hospital 3 days in a row for blood tests and such. Turned out to be a Kidney infection, but basically felt like I was dying, and the fever was AWEFUL! Ive never had JUST a fever. Ive always had all the flu symptoms to go with a fever. But when you just have a fever, you can feel your skin litterally burning off! Not a good feeling!!

When we got back home in VB, we have finished putting the house together and now we get to just enjoy adjusting to our new lifestyle. We have visited the ocean...........so freaking relaxing and peaceful, i could just live right there, on the beach! Traffic is SO much better than MD/DC! and everything is pretty close to our house, not too much driving around, which is ALWAYS nice!

Kenal is learning to sit up, she just turned 4 whole months old! Cant even believe it! She is now in her frog jumper on a daily/awake basis! she loves it, and it is strengthing her so much! she is learning how to grasp her toys, and she has found her fingers and is amazed everytime she sees them! hehe....it has to be one of the cutest things ever! She is sleeping really good and she has tried the rice cereal, and sad to report she wasnt a fan! but we will keep trying! I cant wait to start giving her baby food! thats always a fun part of babies growing! Sladen is adjusting REALLY well!! he LOVES his new house. he is a blossoming little boy...blossoming right into a major attitude! I sure have my hands full. Hopefully he snaps out of that soon, its very uncharacteristic of him, but i guess they all go through that......its really frustrating at times. His best friend Mason still lives close to us, so he still has someone to play with until we make other friends as well. That sounded wrong, I should say, he has 1 friend for now, until we make more.....Does that sound better?! I didnt mean it to sound rude or anything.....

Brian had a few days on his new job so far, and he has come home with a gigantic smile on his face everytime. which is awesome to see. I know that wont last long, but it sure is inspiring to see that. He is in love with airplanes and jets, so for him to be able to be around them all day everyday is so exciting to him! and being on the flightline makes him feel a little closer to his main goal in life....being a pilot. I believe he will get there someday, and this is just a foot in the right direction!  We found out that he is going on a 7 month deployment this comming year.....details arent finalized yet....but we do know he WILL be going. Thats okay though. Its all part of it. We are strong enough for it, and its the life we chose. It will be hard at times, but also so worth it in the end!

Now that a wrote a novel, i think i am done. I know i have more to say but i will write again soon! its so nice to have an outlet on here. Even if alot of people dont read it :)

have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment