Hi everyone!
Well as we are pelted with Wind, rain, and snow, I am longing for Warmth & sun. I keep taunting myself with looking at pictures of us last year, in bare feet outside mid february...... you would get frostbitten if you tried to do that here! This is my first year in about 5 for driving in this stuff- i have to report, its sort of like riding a bike, you just remember what to do when you feel your wheels slip under you. Crazy michigan folk drive in blizzards all the time..... All stores still have milk, eggs, shovels and beer! so no reason to fear!
Enough about snow! well maybe not, If slade has anymore snow days i think he's going to have school all summer long! I swear, half of these snow days they have had were bad judgment calls! Roads were still driveable and no storms, its been so strange. I remember when i was a kid, snow days were FEW AND FAR between, and we lived out in the COUNTRY where plows didnt even hit our roads until the "city" was plowed, and our bus driver was like a cowboy on a bull just plowing through breaking way with his own tracks with one hand on the wheel and the other up his nose (seriously, he was a chronic nose picker, yuck!). Mostly dirt roads, i only remember one time sliding into a ditch, and another bus had to come pick us up. Whoopsi daisey!
So anyways, enough about snow and being side tracked! On to other things.
How's work you ask? Its great! i love my job. I love the floor sets and the cleaning, i love everything about it. I mainly love that its an outlet for me to have adult interaction and to bring in a paycheck. I get to see & test all the new product and I must say, I love it. I love "shopping" while working. Picking out things and putting them aside to purchase later. Seeing all the deals.... I just love it. Having a job has kept my mind off of other things, which is great.
Slades plugging along with his kindergarten class! we made an abacus with 100 "noodles". we dyed them, dried them and strung them. We glued paper to the box and made a handle so he could carry it. it was a fun yet time consuming project. We made all of his valentine cards already. We also do our homework, and read everynight. Except now, he is reading the 1st stage books to us, with a little help but he can do a lot of the words. He sure is growing fast, its so crazy. I was told how much they would change the first year of school, i thought i was prepared, i was way wrong... WAY wrong! He has a fiance..... her name is avalon. He asked us if he will have babies with her. haha.... oh boy, not for a LONG time sladen, a LONG time. haha.
Kendal is doing good. she is terrorizing like always. getting her hair blowdried and styled. She loves to get her hair straightened. Nails painted always..... currently this weekend with a 102 fever she asked me to paint her nails, who was i to tell her no? so she picked light pink toes and black fingers. Dad was not happy with black nails but he'll get over it. She is a bath & body-a-holic! the other day slade said "hey sis, i like your lotion...." she said "buddy, its not wotion, its bass and body werks, and fank you!". She is totally into strawberry shortcake, my little pony, and tinkerbell. (her newest fixation). She is always in plastic heels, and never goes without a necklace. Her favorite, is her noodle one she made this weekend.
Brian is doing great. He is plugging away at school. He's getting frustrated because the weather hasnt been good for flying, and since he already has his license, his flight instructor is more concerned with the newbies than working on brians instrument training. brians focus is there, instructors- not so much. He has other classes to be focused on, and he will end his diploma with everything he needs so i try to stop him from stressing out. I know its frustrating for him though.
So as some of you may have seen on facebook, we are looking for a new place to live come July. We are still going to stay in this city, but not in the trailer park ...... Paper thin walls and drug dealers are not our "style". although we have a great, quiet side neighbor, and a friends that live a street over, we are just not looking to stay here any longer than we have to. so the day our lease is up, we plan to be out of here. Hopefully somwhere that we cant hear our neighbors cough! Or to watch the cops check up on our neighbors son that is on probation perhaps even perole.... haha. I have been doing lots of calling and research! I am happy to report that we are on a waitlist for a townhouse, in a community outside the city. Its only 2 bedrooms, but it has a full finished basement. its 600 more square feet than what we currently have, and the kitchen is big! thats all i care about! haha. Im thinking that we will give the kids the master bedroom, and we will have the other bedroom.... i know i am planning to far ahead, but i want things to work out this time and not live in a hotel for 3 days and then get jammed into a converse shoe box!
My running is NOT coming along, but i have lost 5 pounds. i feel the difference in my pants. I put highlights in my hair and i am feeling pretty good. I think i am getting cabin fever though. Its been too cold to play outside, kids have been sick, and laundry and dishes have been non stop. Money has been tight so we havent been able to do much. So we are all tired of being STUCK. haha.
I have been focused on doing atleast 1 good deed a day for a stranger. I cant tell you how happy it makes me to do things for others. the other day, the lines at meijer were horrific! this lady at the no limit self check out had a pile of groceries at the end of her conveyer belt, so as we stood behind her i said "do you mind if i bag your groceries?" she said that was fine, so i bagged her groceries! I worked up a sweat and a smile. I dont normally like to tell my good deeds because i am not looking for a pat on the back but i liked that deed. It makes my heart happy. I have also made a vow to myself to be a better friend for my "family" that we have moved away from. anyways, i am working on improving myself, and i think its making me happier!
Well, enough about myself, and my family. I think that this is enough for today! hope you all have a great monday and rest of the week!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment