Hi everyone! well tomorrow is Valentines day! Can you believe that it is already Mid february?? I can't! time sure is flying by!!! soon it will be summer time, which means sand and sun........pause for a sigh.
Back to reality.................
This time of year when all of the holidays kind of just mesh into eachother is my favorite! I like to celebrate them all, atleast a little a bit!! Valentines the kids already wake up to a little something, and a heart shaped breakfast, followed by a nice meal for dinner. THen comes st. patricks day which we build leprechaun traps and enjoy a green filled day. Then easter, well, that is one of my FAVORITE holidays! Who doesnt love a bunny who leaves a basket full of gifts, a trail of jelly beans, and eggs filled with candy? I know i do! we also celebrate earth day and Dr. seuss day all within a matter of months. Not to mention Brian and My wedding anniversary!
Which leads me to, 5 years of marriage. Really, it doesnt feel like 5 years has flown by. Seems like just a year or 2 ago. I know 5 years isnt much to be married, but considering how long that we have actually BEEN together, it adds up. I mean we are going on 13 years, and that is something! We were just kids. Now we are nearly 30..... Seems crazy, but crazy good. I hate looking back to our wedding though. I mean, the commitment was there, but it was happening for all the wrong reasons. we had to be married for us to get the military benefits together. it was all for paper, not for the heart. It wasnt the wedding i dreamed of, but looking back, ALL things happen for a reason. My grandma got to be there to witness it, and not even a year later she had passed away...... If we would have waited, she wouldnt have been able to celebrate with us. Sidenote, for all of you reading who was there to witness the dreaded pant suit, WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME how awful i actually looked? bahaha. I dont have any wedding pictures hanging, and they are all put away. I hate looking at them.... I was severely over weight and we were going through more than i would like to put "out" on this blog. Anyways, looking back, even though it was just the courthouse, looking into his eyes saying I DO would have been the same in a huge gown in a crowd full of people, or a tiney courtroom with the ones we care about most. THAT is what mattered then, and what matters now.
So this passed weekend, my friend ALI came to visit me all the way from the great state of wisconsin! She drove through wind, rain, ice and snow just to spend a couple of days! I had a great time. We relaxed, slept in, had some drinks, laughed and watched TONS of movies and gossip girl! we had indulged in snacks and treats and took a stroll downtown. We even went out for a dinner, and sat in the bar area.... something fun when you are used to sitting in the family section! haha. anyways, it felt great to have a friend around, and i miss her already!!! She has been there for a lot in our lives, and she is one special friend!!! so al, if you are reading this...... THANK YOU.
I got to spend some time at slades school yesterday doing hand paintings for their 100 day celebration! they counted on volunteers to paint about 70 kids' hands. mind you, it was only 4 of us, painting 20 hands per kid..... it was time consuming and dirty to say the least. I am so glad my kid is so well behaved.... i had this one girl who told me she was going to slap me, and i beleived it!!! it was such a task... FUN, but a task. Grab a kid, fit a shirt, pick 2 paints, paint each hand 10 times leaving a print on the shirt, wash their hands, wash your hands, send them back to class, just to grab another kid and start all over. SIlly me wore my work clothes to volunteer since i hadd to work right after...... now i no longer have that shirt as a work shirt since little hands were ALL over it. When i volunteered, i thought i was just going to be helping the 17 kids of my sons class, not all 3 kindergarten classes plus 1st graders! wow. i feel bad, my friend tiffany was there from start to finish of school just painting their hands. and i left at 11:45 and got there at 8:30! wowsers haha.
i went to the library yesterday, alone. it was a retreat! i got to mosey around actually reading backs of books until i found one i wanted to read. i cant wait to get started on it! i will tell you all about it in my next blog probably. I also couldnt leave the library without getting books for each kid. The way they love books is amazing! kendal was SO excited that she has fancy nancy and louise the big cheese to read. slade got the giving tree and many others.... the giving tree makes him tear up, its his favorite book aside from thunderhoof! anyways, books are such a fun thing for us and the kids, and its cool.
on to other things..........well what other things? not too much to talk about seeing as i covered quite a bit already!
The kids stayed with my parents this passed weekend and had a really great time! it was really nice for everyone!!
well, i hope you all have a great valentines day, and i will write more soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment