Okay, so as a military wife, i have been warned that other military wives, not all, but some, are really "out there" as in weird and raise their families in strange ways. Well, I havent really came accross this being true, until We moved here, into base housing. In a week and a half I have saw 3 different children under the age of 3, walking around aimlessly when their parents have no FUCKING clue on where they are at!! HOW IN THE HELL DOES THIS HAPPEN!!?? Here are my 2 encounters that involves 3 different children.
Encounter 1: I was on the phone with my mom and sitting at my dining room table which faces out at the street. I was gabbing and staring into the street just gazing around, until i saw this little blonde haired girl in a DIAPER in 50 degree weather, OUTSIDE, with no parent. When i first saw her she stayed on the grass, then eventually she worked herself onto the sidewalk, then onto the street. She was kind of "lost" looking and I was really concerned. I kept my eyes on her just watching. I didnt want to jump to any conclusions or run out their, incase she was infact being watched by a mother. But then a little boy comes out in a diaper as well. This went on for a good 10 minutes. then finally I seen a mother. their mother. She walks right passed them as if nothing was wrong, then they follow like little ducklings. She NEVEr once looked back to make sure they were okay and following. Made it back to their house and made THEM open the door after it closed behind her. I just couldnt believe it. But i had my eye on them poor little "ducklings".
Encounter 2: Tonight brian and i were getting the kids ready to head out to the store when our doorbell rings. Brian answered the door and there stood 3 young/little girls. 2 of them were older i would say around 8 or 9. They asked brian "are you her daddy?" as they pointed to a little brunette haired girl. Brian told them no with kind of a snicker, and then they procceeded to tell him that this little girl no older than 2 was in the circle median of the culdesac just walking around looking for her "daddy". His smile went off his face, and I went to the door as i heard them talking about this "lost" little girl. She had no idea where she lived, she did not know her name, (im sure she did but she was scared and wasnt really talking). these older girls were trying hard to find her parents, so brian and I started to help, looking around for parents in search of their missing child, but there was noone, noone had realized they lost their kid?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! so after probably 15 minutes, here comes this mom in her pajama's, looked like she just woke up from a nap saying aloud "lexi...?".... not shouting LEXI! not scared to death that her daughter was aimlessly trying to find her daddy! but just non shalantly calling her name is if it were no big deal that half the court was looking for this little girls home. The most heartbreaking, sickening part of the whole situation is that this little girl had two different shoes on and they both were on the wrong feet, so you know she did that herself. I know how long it takes slade to get shoes on, so this mother was simply not watching her child for a long period of time. I just wanted to shake this mother. and to come out not really caring and sleepy eyed in your pajama's....how can you do that?! I just dont understand, and it makes me SO sick to my stomach. In one second your child could be taken from you, she (the mother) should have been scared to death....but she wasnt. Now im not saying she isnt a good mother or anything like that. I have no idea, nor am i jumping to conclusions on what type of mother she was/is....but how does this type of thing happen? It just made me Sick.
Another one of my neighbors introduced her daughter to me, so that if i ever saw her outside alone and looking around I would know where she belonged!! I was dumb-founded. simply dumb-founded.
I guess i just dont understand.
I wish I could say that these things shocked me but sadly enough here in Los Angeles those don't even warrent a visit from CPS. When you are a good mother these things don't make sence because you get that when u have kids they are your life. To a lot of these people kids are just an annoyance that is a part of life. I'm with u, those women make me ill. All u can do is keep an eye out and pray for the best.
ReplyDelete