Monday, December 13, 2010

Everytime a bell Rings, An angel gets its wings!

I woke up and was having a really rough morning. Around this time of year is really Hard, being away from family and losing grandma around this time. Its just very difficult to not be able to share this with my loved ones. This morning I asked Sladen If i made him Hotchocolate, if he could sit with me and watch one of the greatest christmas movies of all time......"Christmas Vacation". He said "Sure momma". So as we were snuggled on the couch with our hot chocolates enjoying the sounds of the griswold family Christmas, i look out to the backyard, and to my suprise it was snowing! Just flurries, but I was praying for snow, and flurries answered my prayers! Slade Squealed and ran right to the door, ran outside and stuck out his tounge! Something about snow Brings out the happiness in him, and i just love to see the way he lights up. Just amazing. Look at that innocent picture, and tell me that it doesnt make you smile. you cant!


He ran right back inside, flew passed me and right to the hall closet. Thowing out his coat, hat, gloves and shoes. Sat down and started putting them on. All while telling me this: "Oh my gosh! Im going to make snow angels, and snowmen. Im going to build a fort and throw snowballs, just like Caillou!". Gosh hes a cute kid. I couldn't break his heart by telling him there isnt going to be enough snow to do that, so he is just enjoying it and so am I. This kid melts my heart, and so does my daughter. Sadly she was sleeping soundly in her crib when all of this is happening, so i have no pics of sis enjoying her first snowflakes. I cant tell you how much this made our day! Being from michigan, and moving to somewhere, where there is no snow for the holidays, it gets really hard. I mean imagine decorating your tree in a tank top! Doesnt really absorb the christmas spirit like Snow does!

So Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. Just a few more years and you'll be here for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the pose! Lol great entry :) -karly

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the past two days I've been complaining about all the snow. I forgot how much you loved it! Wish I could send some your way sis! Slade looks TOO cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess- Yes we will be home in just a few years.

    Karly...I too love that pose!! LOL

    Jessica- Yes i surely LOVE the snow! So does my bubby :) SEND IT OUR WAY!

    ReplyDelete