Well today is a gloomy, rainy day here in the "beach" while all you Michiganders are getting Snowed upon! But that is okay, Because in a couple of years, we will be back in michigan stomping in the snow with you people, so until then I am going to bask in this 64 degree weather.... in december, until we too get snowed upon! Although, Slade feels that Santa cannot come unless there is snow on the ground, so, somehow I have to convince my little genius that santa can INFACT come without snow. After-all, he can deliver presents with a key that we leave out on the door, since we dont have a chimney, so why cant he deliver slades presents without snow?! That is up to Sladen to decide I guess. Its really cool because Slade is SO IN LOVE with the fact of Santa this year. Last year i thought was fun, but this year is 10 times better with his love for santa, and the FULL understanding he has of him. I dont consider it lying to him, I consider it giving him dreams and a desire and love for something, just like I had......and I dont care that he thinks WE dont get him toys, because one day when he is old enough, he will figure it out, and know that we infact got him all those gifts year after year. And there IS a santa claus, He just comes in the form of "Daddy". Or "Mommy" too. I love the thought of santa. And i still get excited for santa, now im just on the other end....WE ARE santa!!
This christmas Season Call us Clark & Ellen, because we are going all out this year on lights. Last year i didnt decorate outside or inside really for that matter, other than my tree because i was too tired to do so, and I didnt have any plugs in the front outside of the house! STUPID right?! well anyways, this year I am already in the works of making our house the multi-colored light display at walmart! well it sure feels like it. I have made several trips out to buy their multi colored lights, and window suction cups and hooks and everyother little thing! Brian just rolls his eyes as I empty out his savings account (just kidden guys). But his pockets do feel a little lighter these days. But Tis the season!! If it makes me happy, he lets me do it! and Thats just something I love about that man! So Pictures to come of the griswold house, okay not that decorated, but im in competition with my neighbors. they keep putting up and putting up so ive gotta too!! a set of icicle lights and a bush net isnt going to work! These people mean christmas light buisness, and kicking my toosh while their at it!
Brian and I celebrated our 10 Year anniversary on monday! 10 years is 10 years, we obviously havent been married for 10 years, because that would just be silly. Its not like we grew up in the 20's & 30's when they got married fresh out of the womb! BUT 10 years together, with NO breakups, and only "being" with eachother, has alot to say about us, and is something to be proud of!Plus marriage is nothing more than a piece of paper! Not that i knock marriage because I dont, but there is no difference in being married other than a piece of paper and sharing a name. Nothing has changed between us, we are still us! I love that man with every breath in my being. He is the butter to my bread and the breath to my life! He makes me So proud to be standing next to him! And to be the father of our kids! We are 3 of the luckiest people on the planet, to have THAT amazing man in our lives. Every night before bed, in my prayers i thank god for bringing him to me, and keeping him in my life. Its amazing to spend 10 years with someone and be excited day after day. Sure our life is sometimes boring and we take each other for granted sometimes, but i am ever so thankful for him, day after day!
He took us out to dinner as a family, slade picked the restraunt pickled pepper (chilis) and we just had a very fun dinner as a family. We got home, put the kids in bed and spent the rest of the night just talking and reminicing about 10 years ago! Never would have thought, that one night on the computer would lead us standing here today, so strong and so inlove and still together. But we are, and its amazing.
Sis is growing like a weed and starting to roll. She is getting very active and learning how to grab everything. She is so curious, so Alert and so talkative, smiley and screechy. She loves her brother, as does her brother love her. Those two together MELT my heart! Slade is such an amazing child, i never have a dull day around my house! After 3 years of playing with hotwheels and spending the day being various characters of his imgaination and "cooking" and "eating" all his creations, that we have sought out different activities to do during the day. So today I took him to pick out CRAFT STUFF!! he picked out fuzzy balls, pipe cleaners, glitter, glue, popcicle sticks, PAINTS, tons of paint brushes, lots of construction paper, and the list goes on and on! I cant wait until after he wakes up from his nap to see his creative side; passed color crayons and coloring books. However I do love my "menu's" he makes and puts on the fridge! he just draws all over paper and pretends its a menu from a restraunt (a different one every day). He says "what do you want mom, chicken or soup" "what do you want with your chicken? Broccoli?"..... Hes too friggen funny!
The exterminator is coming out tomorrow to get rid of the wolf spiders we have! oh i cant even wait!! those things are so big and hairy and SCARY! its pretty sad when you worry about your kids laying on the floor with poisonus spiders crawling about. YUCK! They arent aggresive spiders, and they only bite when they feel they are being attacked, but when you have a 3 year old who isnt afraid of them and PICKS THEM UP TO SHOW YOU!! its a bit worrysome that he is going to be the one who gets bit! or poor sis just rolling about on the floor, heaven forbid if she rolls close to one and it feels cornered!!! Not to mention if the kids get bit, you have to take them straight to the emergency room! (i read this all online so i could be knowlegable of these critters). EW! Makes my skin crawl!
Today we are just going to make crafts, and bake and cook! its gloomy outside, so when we went to wally world we picked up stuff to do while at home. Slade woke up this morning saying "Can we make strawberry cake?" So of course WE HAD to go to walmart to get that darn strawberry cake mix! What a kid! Anyways. thats about all thats going on with us lately. Cant believe the countdown till christmas has begun! WOW!!!
Love to you all!! xoxox.
I love your blog! Mine is so empty. I struggle to put all this stuff down, but I tweet like a fiend. I guess I find it easier to write how I feel and updates in 140 characters or less :-P
ReplyDelete