Thursday, April 5, 2012

day 35 of the challenge!

Good morning! Well today is our friday and boy does it feel good! We have a picnic for brians work to go to today. Im not feeling it,but he has to be there because he has duty, so we are tagging along to help keep him company! It was nice to wake up next to him this morning! normally he sneaks out while its still dark, but today since he has his PRT he didnt have to leave until 8:30 this morning..... can I get a woo hoo?! So i cooked them a nice healthy breakfast of a fruit parfait, toast, and scrambled eggs! I am not a morning person, so i can't say i did it with a smile on my face! But now i have a cup of Joe in my system and y smile is appearing other than this blasting headache i  woke up with. Blah. Any who-sit! My question from slade today was "mommy, how does the easter bunny get in our house to drop our baskets off"?? Brian and I both looked at eachother and was thinking hmmmm, we've never thought about that. So slade suggested that we should buy a key for the easter bunny like santa has. So i think that is what we will do! Bubby's a pretty smart Dude! So let's getthis "party" started!

Day 35: your thoughts on your generation:

My thoughts on my generation...... hmm......I have some pretty strong thoughts on "my" generation. I think that most of my generation take advantage of help that their parents give, and they have no responsibility. Again, Im not saying that all of you who are reading this are who i am talking about, most of my friends/family, have their shit together, but in broad terms, Im saying that the whole "my" generation needs to grow up. There's no work ethic in my generation. They would rather be out drinking their days away, or sitting on the couch then working for their money. Stand there with your hand wide open a little more why don't you! Or how about you go get a job and earn things for yourself. I can guarantee these people would feel so much better about themselves. Its hard to make ends meet as it is, without someone sucking money out of me. I think that my generation has no sense of respect. In the "older" days, holding doors, opening doors, speaking to strangers was an every day occurrence, now i watch where people take seats from older folks or scurry in before the older folks because their legs move faster. For example, i was at the doctors office one day, and there were about 30 seats, i was in one of them, and they were all taken. in walks an older couple one of which was on oxygen.... They just stood there looking around, she needed to sit. So i stood up, loudly said "ma'am, you can have my seat"... she smiled and walked over and had a seat. As i was walking to stand by the wall, a gentleman thanked me and said "there aren't too many people like you out there, that was really generous". It makes me smile, but it also makes me wonder, why don't people have manners and why aren't they taught? I have to admit, i do not understand it, nor do i tolerate it. My son holds doors for older people, he talks to people when he is talked to, and he helps when he is needed. IT IS TAUGHT. I just wish people my age older or younger (give or take some years) would understand that if you want to be treated fairly, you need to treat others fairly.  I also feel that marriage isn't taken the way it is supposed to be. It is a FOREVER commitment, not an "oh well, i just dont feel the same way anymore". TOUGH, you made the commitment, YOU work it out. Marriage is WORK. Its HARD, but its the most amazing gift. You have a partner, for the rest of your life. One whom understands you, and is there for you, in sickness and in health! Open your eyes and see! Its not just okay to get a divorce. I see some reasons for divorce of course, but most of these reasons people get divorced within months of marriage is because it was a mistake in the first place, well then they should have thought it through! Not just gave up! My generation is greedy, snotty, careless, and shit is going down the tubes. We need lessons from the "old schoolers!". I know i want my kids growing up well rounded. well respected, and I want them to respect as well. I want them to have responsibility and work for what they want. I want them to love and be loved. I wish that all people felt the way I do. I wish my generation would get a little sense of what our parents or grandparents made for us and maybe they could be like it too? Getting your hands dirty is part of life. So do it. I know that right now i am a stay at home mom, but that doesnt mean i dont work for our money. I work just as hard as my husband,  and i gave up alot to be where we are. That was just a side note by the way! My generation is lazy! PLEASE teach your kids to play outside!! if you dont want to play outside, doesnt mean they dont want to!! I lived outside when i was a kid, and thats what my kids do now! TV is not a babysitter, kids need fresh air and places to explore!  I have more feelings about my generation but i will stop there!

Im not trying to offend any of you, as i said, most of you have your shit together. Im just broadly speaking, and if i did offend you, these are my honest to god truth thoughts! And i am not going to apologize for that!! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment