Good morning! Its hump-day already! I can see clearer today. I feel better emotionally today. Not sure how long that is going to last with these kids (haha) but as always, im going to give it my best shot!! Nothing planned today except getting diapers! we have 2 left hahaa. meant to go get them yesterday but i forgot. That happens sometimes!
well lets get started!
Day 40: when is the last time you tried something new:
I just want to start off by saying that I am a creature of habit. I do the same things at the same time (pretty much) each and every day. Change isn't something that I am open to for the most part. If i can keep things the same, I do. I do however, try new things from time to time. Its really hard to think of specific scenarios when we are sitting down making your brain concentrate. How is it that when you dont want to think about certain things they come right to your mind, but when you are trying to figure something out you have major brain fart? Well I guess i will say that the last time I tried something new, would be putting myself first. Thinking about me above the kids, husband and Dog. If no-one else is going to look out for the well being of me, i sure have to. So I started giving running a shot again. (It deserved a second look ;) ) While brian was gone on deployment i give myself diets, and eating healthy and taking care of myself. but when he gets home, i get comfortable again and forget about myself. SO i thought that giving myself a routine and putting myself first for a change would be a perfect change. So gradually I have been running farther and more often. I remember when i started running in november, it was challenging. it felt good, but it was challenging. 15 minutes of running just about killed me, and making it to a mile was a miracle. I gradually kept taking it up a notch. And i focused on my first 5k. I did that, and now i want more. and more. and more. Last night i put on my amazing running shoes and took off with my earbuds in, ready to just go! and that is what I did. I didn't know where i was headed exactly, i just knew i was headed somewhere and my feet were taking me along for the ride. 50 minutes and 4 miles later, i ended up finding my way back home feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. In october if you would have told me that i could run for nearly and hour after my first stride hit the ground I would tell you, that you were crazy. But i LOVE it. I love the feeling I get. I love knowing that I am helping myself. Its my moment to be with noone but myself and my music. Music takes me where i want to go. Running really is better and cheaper than therapy! Im getting a little off subject but i dont even care. Last night when i was running the song "i got a feeling" came on my ears and when they say "Ive got a feeling...." what comes next? " "WHOOOO HOOOOOOOO" yep, i belted that out while running down the path to the aquarium. Passerby's looked at me like i was a bit Coo- Coo; but who cares?! I smile basically my whole run, i sing, and when cupids shuffle comes on, i do a little dance. You have to love what you do, in order to do it, and I LOVE IT! So here is where I am publicly announcing that I am looking for a half marathon to run by september. 13.1 miles. Only 9 more miles than i run now... right?! haha. Wish me luck and give me hope. I know i can do it, but its nice to have support! So i guess this is my something "new". Putting myself first, and training for something that will mean alot to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment