Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 65 & 66 of the challenge

Good morning Ladies & Gents! (probably mainly Ladies, but i have to greet everyone as a whole ;) )

Well these challenges are getting boring questions, so i thought that i would take a couple days off and just type about my life and thoughts instead of answering silly questions about what my best dream has ever been, and what i think about going green. I can answer the green one, but the dream one, well, i can't remember my dreams, only the morning i wake up after them can i remember, then i forget. OTHER than nightmares, which dont count as "great" so, i thought answering that and wasting a blog on a another silly question would be pointless, thus the reasoning for not blogging yesterday! SO, as far as "what i think about going green", I feel that, if that is something you want to do, go for it. I think alot of cancers and sickness has to do with the chemicals and additives put in foods and products, and i think the earth needs some saving and recovering, but i am not green. I use plastic bags, and aerosol cans. Basically the only "green" product i use is that clorox GREEN cleaner. It is actually my favorite product to clean with. I know i should care more, and try harder, but when it comes to spending the extra money on the specialty stuff, i just dont have it in me. Organic products are nice, but expensive. I dont feed my kids alot of processed foods anymore, actually RARELY do they get processed foods, BUT i have not made the organic switch. For reason 1 being-- its expensive, and reason 2-- i like what i like, and organic is foreign to me. Trader Joes (the grocery store) INTIMIDATES ME! i dont know what HALF the "crap" is, and i dont feel like standing in every isle trying to find what i like....Creature of habit. I know every isle at the commissary like the back of my hand.  Im not in ANY WAY knocking anyone for being green OR organic, because its an admirable quality, just not one that I am. To each their own, Right?!

Our life is somewhat crazy right now. Turned a little upside down. Getting out of the military life SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME, but in the same sentence, it makes me look forward to getting out. I will miss the special care you get, and the admiration people have for you, and what your husband has done. I will miss what you get handed to you on a silver platter.....BUT with him being gone for this detachment, just makes it crystal clear-- that i HATE for him to be gone. Don't get me wrong, i am loving my free time at night to watch my shows, and for selfish reasons like hogging the bed, and eating WHAT and WHEN i want. BUT i miss him for the kids. I miss our nightly rituals of eating together and talking about our days as a family, and i miss him giving the kids a bath while i take a moment to run. Him being gone solidifies that detachments and deployments are not for me. In that aspect, i couldn't be happier about our decision to get out of the Navy. As far as house hunting and job hunting and college applications-- well i can feel the grey hairs grow. Im stressed to the max about a house. I feel like i am going to be living in a Penske truck with all our belongings.  Sleeping amidst boxes and eating canned food with a spoon. Now i know that was a bit dramatic, but its true. Being an adult is stressful!

Moving away from this beautiful place is heartbreaking. Although michigan has alot of beauty to offer, nothing beats going to the beach when you have a rough day, or running to the ocean to clear your head..... Playgrounds ocean side, ahhhhhhh THAT is what i am going to miss. You cant find that in michigan. BUT you cant find Family here, and quite frankly, family is more important than a stroll on the beach.

I have loved the journey of moving place to place, seeing things i wouldnt have been able to without being in the military. Not many people can say that they have lived in washington DC, and we did, and We also got to live in such a beautiful beachy place. I have birthed a baby in a different state. Its been a spectacular journey.  I have learned alot, and grew alot.  I have been blessed in so many ways, but its time to move on to the next chapter of our life. To build a new life and start from scratch. Watch our kids be raised with surrounding families. Hopefully learn from our past mistakes and build us a wonderful stable environment for the kids to "flourish".

As nerve racking as this all is, it will all be worth it, i do believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment