Good Morning! I slept like a baby last night! I did NOT want to get out of bed this morning when Marcy was whimpering to go outside! My bed is like a little slice of heaven. Its sooo squishy and warm. Its too comfortable because i dread to open my eyes in the morning. Its a combination of my bed being so amazing, and me NOT being a morning person! Im going to say that its a 70/30 split ;) But this morning I cooked a scrambled eggs and toast breakfast.... packed bri's lunch and made coffee. Poor brian either got bit by something, or something is stuck in his hand, either way, his hand is GIGANTIC, red, and warm. He had to go to "sick call" this morning because of it. he says his fingers are numb from it. I kid you not, his hand looks like a rubber glove does when you blow it up like a balloon! Poor hubby! Anyways, lets get to it! Challenge Day 14....
Day 14: write about something you believe in, anything at all.
Something I believe in, and that I practice every day is doing things out of the kindness of your heart, and not because you HAVE to. Not because you might get something out of the deal. Not because you want more attention on yourself. Not for any other reason than because your heart tells you too. I am the type of person who would give you the shirt off my back if you said you needed it, or if i thought you did.
I believe that if everyone acted the way their heart told them to, it would make for a better world. I believe that acting from your heart is one of the kindest and most impressive things. I have been surrounded by so many different people, from totally different walks of life, but right now, my 2 best friends out here are extremely kind, generous, and are real genuine women. I haven't met anyone quite like them, and I am glad I finally met people who do things because they WANT to.
I have always focused on my friends and family more than i do on myself. I want to make the ones I love happy, but to feel that in return from FRIENDS is more than an amazing feeling.
Speaking from your heart, giving from your heart, and showing true love and compassion, is something I am instilling into my children.It was instilled into me, and that is one of the things I believe in, and value most. The respect and the love you recieve from random acts of kindness, fulfill me more than i can even say. Slade is the most compassionate little boy I have ever come across. He shows every emotion proudly. He gives you the last of his candy if i were something you really wanted. He does things because he WANTS to, NOT because I TOLD him to....and If that would be the only thing i taught my children, i would be proud.
I believe everyone has this quality about themselves, some just havent found it or explored it yet.
This blog posting really speaks to me Aly. Chad and I just had a discussion last night over dinner about how flustered I get with people not being considerate, helpful, genuine from their hearts... he says I have to stop expecting everyone to be like me... I feel like I'd take the shirt off my back for anyone. This is such a nice blog. The world needs more people like you.
ReplyDelete