Thursday, March 8, 2012

day 7 of the challenge

Good afternoon! Lets get right to it! 

Day 7: a show or a movie that has changed you, and how?

A show or a movie that has changed me.... Hmmm.... That is a Toughie to answer! Im a HUGE movie freak, and I tend to let every movie I watch affect me in some way, shape, or form. Whether it be moving, Or motivating, Sad, or Scary. I love to feel the emotions of the movies.  So its really hard to narrow the list of movies that I find have, affected me. I'm not sure that any movie or show has CHANGED me, but they sure have affected the way that I think. 

Pay it forward would have to be a movie that "changed" me. The powerful message that one LITTLE boy came up with was and is completely amazing to me. One little message as simple as "pay it forward" can change and affect soooo many lives. That movie is very inspirational and sad. But aside from the movie, since I have watched it, I have tried to do small things for people that i think need it or just because i  want to. A taco at a drive through for the homeless man sitting out front.  Give my change at a checkout to the person behind me... (my highest change to recieve back that i passed on behind me was 8.00 so its not much) but its something to hopefully help one look at the broader picture and realize that it is a very kind gesture to help someone out, JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT TO! I dont want to be applauded for my help or kindness, I just want to simply make a difference. 

Movies that have changed the way I look at things a different way are mainly love stories, or war movies. Some of the movies who trigger me to re-think my thoughts and try to change my life so that those things wont happen to me, or if they did happen to me, i question the way I would handle it. P.S. I love you, The Vow, Shawshank redemption, the blind side, Mask, Enough, Double-jeopardy, sleeping with the enemy...those are just to name a few.

I dont think that movies are totally life changing, but there are some AMAZING movies out there, and i would like to hear some of your life changing movies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment