Good morning Readers!
Day 4: how you think your life would change if you achieved your dream.
My life would change by achieving my dream tremendously. But in all honestly, Aside from my life long dream of being a dental hygienist, my other life long dream was being a wife and mother. As some of my old high school friends and family can vouch for me, those are the 2 things i talked about most. My best friend through out high school always told me I was nuts for having "being a mom and wife" as my dream, and wanting it at such a young age. But its true.
Once I graduated i went to school to take all my pre-req's for dental hygiene. I was a full time student at the local community college, and had my eyes on my dream. Until i couldn't pass my biology class....3 times in a row. You had to receive a B or better and I always got a C. so discouraged, i thought dropping out was a great decision. In hind sight, i cannot believe i gave up over something so easy, but at the time felt so hard. People fight for their dreams every day, and i just let mine go. I know i disappointed alot of people. and i disappointed myself.
After dropping out of school, i moved on with my second dream. Brian and I "bought a house", he proposed, then we got pregnant with sladen. My second dream was in progress. But my first dream, is something i ALWAYS think about, and always wish i would have been more dedicated. But there is a BUT.
If i would have finished, I wouldn't be where I am today. I wouldn't have Slade and Keni. I wouldn't be living the military life style. I wouldn't be alot of things that i am, and that I love about me. But also, if I did finish school and chase that dream, my life would be affected tremendously, because i wouldn't be home with my kids. I wouldn't be the one spending their days with them. Yes we would be alot more financially stable, and my kids would be SET with things that they WANT..... but being a stay at home mom is the best blessing i have ever been given. I get to see my son and daughter on a daily basis. I watch their every move,and see them become brighter. I get to have dinner on the table and the house clean for the hubby to be proud. Does it get to me sometimes that i feel like i am unsuccessful? Yes it does, but i just remind myself that i only get these few years to sit at home with the kids, and once they go to school, it will be MY time. MY time to get a career, and MY time to have my family behind ME, pushing me in my dreams.
I still dream to be a dental hygienist. but is that what i will achieve? Im not sure. But i will tell you this. I WILL ACHIEVE a career. I WILL make those who love me proud. But for now, I am doing what matters most to me, and that is making my kids happy.
This is beautiful, Aly. You have YOUR priorities in order for YOU and have nothing to regret. All of your goals will get achieved... If it didn't take time we wouldn't appreciate the victory's so much! XO
ReplyDelete