Tuesday, March 6, 2012

day 5 of the challenge

Good morning! Well im not going to lie, im kind of struggling as to what to write about in todays question. Its not something i want to answer lightly, as i want to give my whole opinion, so i skipped from the actual 5th day, and picked a different question from down the list. I will come back to the day 5 question, but for now, Moving on!

Day 5:  powerful song lyrics you love.


Powerful song lyrics that I love, and i cant go a week without listening too, is More time by Needtobreathe! Its an amazing song, that hit home while i was going through something Big. My grandma naomi as you all know (or most of you) passed away from cancer. But as she was getting really sick, is when we made our first move in the military, and that put us in Washington DC, a 13 hour drive from friends and family. If it wasn't hard enough to be away from family for the first time in my life, with a toddler, and knowing no one! adding the over whelming hustle and bustle of a big city, new surroundings, and worrying about family was quite hard.

I was addicted to watching Ellen.... I love her outlook on everything and she always made me smile,so watching her was one of the highlights of my days while being stuck in a 800 sq ft apartment, in the ghetto-ish of dc, with no children playgrounds or areas to go outside to play. Anyways, one day as everything was coming to a head, and i was hearing bad news about my grandma and my uncle Al..... Ellen had Needtobreathe on her show for a musical performance. they Played "more time" and i sobbed like a baby.

The lyrics can probably be interpreted in different ways, but i can only see it in one way. That if i only had a couple more months, with gram, everything would be alright. I needed more time to take it all in, instead of getting a phone call to tell her my last goodbye, then drive through the night and never see her awake again. "this is not what i had plan" is part of the lyrics that makes me tear up. she didnt plan to get sicker, she planned to get better, so when she realized that she was actually "in danger" it was too late. She was always an optimist, she was always going to get better in her eyes. So when you hear her say those things, i think its harder to accept the fact that they actually ARE sick.

 It is a beautiful song and one that i always think of her while listening. I think of her often,so this song will never get old to me I dont think.

I posted the lyrics, and I will post a video to facebook of the song so you can listen to it there. because just reading lyrics you cannot get the meaning behind it 100%

I promised you the world againEverything within my handsAll the riches one could dreamThey will come from me
I hoped that you could understandThat this is not what I had plannedPlease don’t worry nowIt will turn around
Cause I need more timeJust a few more months and we’ll be fineSo say what’s on your mindCause I can’t figure out just what’s inside
I hoped that you could understandThat this is not what I had plannedPlease don’t worry nowIt will turn around
Cause I need more timeJust a few more months and we’ll be fineSo say what’s on your mindCause I can’t figure out just what’s insideSo say alrightCause I know we can make it if we try[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/more-time-lyrics-needtobreathe.html ]Cause I need more timeJust a few more months and we’ll be fine
We’re off to new landsSo hold on to my handsIt’s gonna be alrightIt’s a whole lot brighterSo stand by the fireIt’s gonna be alrightYeah, the road gets harderBut it’s not much fartherIt’s gonna be alrightYou know that it ain’t easyPlease believe meIt’s gonna be alright
Please don’t worry nowIt will turn around
Cause I need more timeJust a few more months and we’ll be fineSo say what’s on your mindCause I can’t figure out just what’s insideSo say alrightCause I know we can make it if we tryCause I need more timeJust a few more months and we’ll be fine

    No comments:

    Post a Comment